Monday, May 07, 2012
Disparity
My growing up realization...
"Disparity in socioeconomic classes is imminent"
Every part of me wants to deny that,
hearing people try to set up foundations for the poor,
government using funds for goodwill etc...
It never matches up...
Upper class people get away with more than they should.
Controversy arises.
Knowing and hearing what I have recently, and being surrounded by upperclass international students,
very different family backgrounds from mine,
I never once envied them but looked up to those who were humble.
At the same time, I saw the difference.
At the same time, I knew that gap cannot be bridged.
No matter how humbled they are, there is a gap!
Sociologist, Psychologist, Humanitarian, Scholars, etc
they try and understand this gap but in my humble opinion can never be bridged.
Stereotypes, bullying, all sorts of nonsense
Maybe giving an example would clarify what I mean.
I'm not just talking about financial benefits,
but they have privileges in life, that others are incapable of attaining.
Say for example, early education in private schools,
with top notch programes designed for development during critical years of a child's life.
Having access to nutritional foods which provides for a kids development years, etc
Well getting away with punishments by the law, having cover ups may seem like something that could happen to.
So why are we who we are? Are we to blame for how we end up to be? Are we already in a system that have us designated to where we are supposed to be? Is there a government that acts like "God" to designate our lifes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment